Roasted Veggies are my favorite way to eat veggies. You can combine any combination of veggies. Just keep in mind that the ones like zucchini and peppers will cook a lot faster that one like cauliflower, so plan accordingly, you can always add them later. The key is to roast quick and high temperature.
- 2 cups of broccoli or cauliflower
- 2 cups of Brussel sprouts
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 large apple
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- Sea salt & Black Pepper
- Wash and peel the sweet potato.
- Chop the broccoli or cauliflower into bite size pieces.
- Slice the apple into chunks and coat with lemon juice.
- Melt the coconut oil in a baking dish.
- Add all of the vegetables and apple.
- Spread in a single layer – IMPORTANT to get good roast
- Season to taste with the salt and black pepper.
- Roast at 375-425 degrees for 15-30 minutes or until done.
You can mix and match your vegetables for this dish. You might like to include sliced onions, red pepper, asparagus spears, carrots, squash. Use whatever vegetables are in season to create a tasty mixed veggie dish your entire family will enjoy. Also add whatever seasonings you want like garlic etc. Can also add many different variations on herbs.
Veggies should come out slightly darkened and with a sweeter taste.