You don’t have to give up burgers when you are no eating white carbs. Rather than serving them with a bun, serve without the bun with all the toppings you love like mushrooms, onions, and cheese.
4 TBS Coconut Oil, melted in plan
1 Clove Garlic, crushed
1 Onion, sliced in strips
1 LB Mushrooms, sliced
1.5 LBS Ground Sirloin
2 TBS Balsamic Vinegar or No sugar Steak Sauce
1/4 Cup Dry Cooking Sherry
Salt & Pepper
8 Ounces Swiss Cheese, sliced
Bring ground meet to room temperature, put some salt & pepper or other seasoning plus the vinegar or sauce into meat. Form into patties.
- Get out two pans, iron skillets work great, as do other nonstick skillets. In each pan place half the coconut oil, let pan heat up.
- In one pan put the garlic, onion, & mushrooms.
- In the other pan place the patties.
- Cook about 7 minutes on each side without turning. Turning too soon will cause the patty not to have a nice caramelization on the outside.
- In the other pan, cook until the onions & mushrooms are caramelized.
- When the onions are done, pour 1/4 cup dry sherry into pan to bring up any bits and pour all together over the patties in the other pan.
- Cook until thickened, put sliced cheese on patties, cook until melted.