Build Your Pizazz-Confidence with These Fun Activities
Self-confidence helps us believe that we can handle whatever task or challenge comes our way. Self-confidence is extremely important when it comes to increasing your Energy, Strength and Pizazz! We could all use a little more of that. However, it’s easy to get bogged down with reading and acquiring information. Many people are too busy planning, and lack the confidence, to take action. Planning is important, but if you fail to implement your plan, you won’t see results.
Try these activities and boost your confidence today:
- Try getting specific. Are you confident in your ability to brush your teeth, tie your shoes, and drive a car? Probably so! You likely have more self-confidence than you realize.
- List some situations where you’d like to feel more self-confident. Some examples might include preparing food, exercising, grocery shopping, cooking for your family, shopping for clothes, meeting new people, being more assertive at work, quiet time with the Lord or dealing with conflict.
- Create a self-confidence blueprint. Take a few minutes and jot down about a half-page of notes regarding the specific situation where you desire greater self-confidence.
- How would you act?
- How would you look to others?
- How would you feel?
- Think about your body language, facial expressions, tone of voice, and breathing.
- Ensure that you define and understand what self-confidence looks like to you. It’s difficult to accomplish “it” if you’re unsure what “it” is.
- Everything is easier in hindsight. Imagine that you’ve already been through the situation in question. In this case, it would be at your ideal weight or having the energy you want. Visualize yourself being incredibly self-confident. Put in as much detail as possible. See yourself acting in accordance with the criteria you listed in the previous step.
- Do this visualization at least once a day until it’s 100% believable to you. Then you can try out your newfound self-confidence during the situation in question. Avoid expecting perfection and focus on personal growth.
- Get physical. Attempt to sit, walk, talk, and act like a confident person. Intentionally try to take on the physical characteristics of someone that’s brimming with self-confidence. Smile and stand up straight. Use good eye contact.
- Before you realize it, this will become a habit. Your current physicality is merely a poor habit. Form a new, positive habit of using confident body language.
- Stretch yourself. Come up with a list of activities that will stretch your confidence muscles. It can be little tasks that you find slightly uncomfortable. As they become more comfortable, you can concentrate on more difficult tasks.
- Suppose you have a fear of being around other women or men who you feel are superior looking/feeling than you because you feel inferior. You could start out by going to the mall and saying “Hello!” to 25 good looking/fit/confident men/women that pass by. Keep on repeating until you get it… get it?
Building self-confidence requires action. Take some time each day to work on your self-confidence. There are few things that will have a greater positive impact on your life than increasing the level of confidence you have in yourself.
Create an action plan and stick to it. Self-confidence can be very easy to build if you make the effort. A little work can result in huge rewards.
As I said these should be fun and you know we are all about fun at Pizazz Moves so, go ahead, LAUGH and maybe make someone else laugh while you are at it.
You are growing stronger everday.
Most of all realize that you are a special amazing person and God made you exactly the way HE wanted to accomplish, give and have what HE wants for you.
You know it’s all good… so… embrace yourself!!!