Ok – so I’m not gonna lie… this one is a tough one for me.
You DO know I’m Italian, right??? Well, eating usually have NOTHING to do with eating in an Italian home… and I’m sure many other nationalities, too. Would love to hear your comments/feedback/experiences with this cause this is REAL.
How does the food on your plate compare to how much you should be eating?
Here are some ways to see how the food on your plate measures up to how much you should be eating:
- Deck of cards = 3 ounces of meat or poultry
- ½ baseball = ½ cup of fruit, rice, pasta, or ice cream
- Baseball = 1 cup of salad greens
- 4 dice = 1-1/2 ounces of cheese
- Tip of your first finger = 1 teaspoon of butter
- Ping pong ball = 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Fist = 1 cup of flaked cereal or a baked potato
- Compact disc or DVD = 1 pancake or tortilla
I know…. I feel exactly the same way… but, it’s true.
Portion size and how we see it is a big issue in our health/weight challenges.
Let me know your thoughts after you read these.
For more info and comparisons on portion size and how it has changed over the years… Click here
Now, of course these aren’t written in stone but, this helps as a guideline when you are trying to be aware of what you are eating.
Enjoy every single bite of good food that will “nourish” your body…
Remember… eat to live… not the other way around…
(Talking to myself,here)