1/4 cup sliced raw almonds, toasted
1 bunch mature broccoli stems (may substitute cabbage slaw)
2 carrots, peeled
3 Tbsp light olive oil
3 Tbsp rice vinegar
3 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp Plain drained yogurt
1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
Fresh broccoli flowers for garnish (fresh, cleaned, and stems removed)
- Start by toasting the almonds; put them in a small skillet, without oil, over medium heat and shake until almonds start to get golden brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- Make slaw by peeling the tough skin off the broccoli stems, then using the peeler, make curls out of the tender insides of the broccoli stems. Put in bowl.
- Use the peeler to make curly slaw out of carrots, add to bowl.
- Make dressing by whisking together the remaining ingredients until smooth; then pour the dressing over the slaw.
- Add the toasted almonds, tossing to combine.
- Let stand for 30 minutes, tossing several times.
- To serve, spoon portions onto individual salad plates
- Top with fresh cleaned broccoli flowers for garnish and flavor
- You will have enough salad for 4 to 6 people.