How to Make Infused Water
You can infuse water with any number of herbs, spices, edible flowers, fruit and even vegetables! Here are some ideas:
- Herbs: Rosemary, thyme, mint, basil, cilantro, parsley
- Spices: Cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, fresh ginger, cloves, vanilla bean
- Edible flowers: Rose, lavender, citrus blossoms, hibiscus, pansies, violets (or any that are 100% pesticide free)
- Fruit: Berries (fresh or frozen), melon, tropical fruits, citrus, apples, pears
- Vegetables: Cucumber, celery, fennel, carrots
- Water: Filtered water is great, but if you don’t have a filtration system, tap water is fine too.
I like to use large glass bottles or jars with lids. Give the add-ins a good wash or rinse. You can leave the fruits or veggies peeled or unpeeled. That’s up to you. Try to use organic if you can. Avoid any fruit that is bruised or overly ripe or herbs that don’t look fresh. Add the fruit, herbs, spices or whatever you want to use into a bottle of cool water. Or you could add it to the bottle and then fill it up with water. Use thin slices or small cubes because the flavor will infuse more quickly.
Let the water sit for a few hours to allow the flavors to infuse. The longer it sits, the more flavorful the water will be. Some fruits or herbs will infuse more quickly than others. Citrus is pretty instant. Herbs take a little longer. Berries take a few hours and will also release color into the water. I put the infused water in the fridge immediately after I make it, but it doesn’t hurt to let it sit at room temperature for a little while. However, you should keep it in the fridge or put ice in it if you aren’t planning on using it right away.
Drink + refill
Pour a glass and enjoy! You can refill the water a few times and let it infuse again, but the flavors won’t be as pronounced.
Here are a few to get you started: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
- Blueberry Lemon Mint
- Citrus and basil
- Green apple, raspberry, and rosemary
- Pineapple, cucumber, mint
- Kiwi and blackberry
- Strawberry. Lemon, basil
- Watermelon and Mint
- Citrus and Cucumber
- Strawberry, Lime, and Cucumber
- Rosemary and Grapefruit
- Blueberry and Lavender
- Cantaloupe with Honey and Mint
Enjoy!!! Remember to comment here or let us know in the group what you made and how you liked it!