Making a frittata is easy and fun. All you need is a few ingredients, eggs, meat, cheese, and a large iron skillet. You’ll love making this easy breakfast and you and your family will enjoy eating it. Try making it on a Weekend Morning.
1 Red Onion, diced
1 Bell Pepper, diced (red are my favorite)
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
12 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
1 Cup Sausage, can use links, or ground
1 Cup Cheese, Grated (Cheddar is excellent)
8 Eggs, cracked, blended with 4 TBS Heavy Cream (buttermilk)
Salt & Pepper to Taste
- In the large iron skillet, sauté all the ingredients together except for the cheese and eggs.
- Put the sausage in first, add in the rest of the veggies onions and peppers first, cooking until done to your liking.
- Spread it all out in the pan. If there is a lot of grease from the sausage you can drain it, if desired.
- Sprinkle everything with the cheese, let it start to melt, then add the egg mixture, ensuring that it covers all the meat and veggies evenly.
- Cook until you see the eggs starting to set, then place in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- If done, you should be able to cut the frittata easily without the eggs spilling.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top, salt and pepper if you like, run under broiler for a moment to brown and crisp up the top.
Great with sliced tomatoes on the side.