Don’t ya hate when you go to a recipe and you have to sift through all kind of stuff just to get to the recipe??? Yeah, me too. So, I won’t do that to ya… Here’s a pic, a few quick words and there ya go… the recipe…what you came for.
Wine is delicious but it’s also full of calories. I love the taste but I know if I want to keep losing weight I can’t have very much. The wine spritzer on the other hand is a great way to enjoy the taste of your favorite wine without the calories!
The general recipe is simple, you take two ounces of your favorite wine and mix it with two ounces of club soda. It works, but it’s kind of boring, isn’t it?
Here’s a more seasonal wine spritzer recipe that’s worth trying.
Holiday Cranberry Wine Spritzer
1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
1/3 cup stevia or xylitol
2 tsp cinnamon
1 bottle red wine
20 oz bottle of club soda (sparkling water is even better)
- Heat up a small pot on medium high heat.
- Add chopped cranberries, stevia/xylitol , cinnamon, and wine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Pour into a refrigerator safe bowl, removing all of the extra cranberry bits.
- Chill for two hours.
- Mix equal parts club soda and wine mixture in wine glasses and serve.
Of course you could use almost any “berry” and it would be fabulous.
And, it looks way stinkin Christmasy!
Let me know how you like it!